Good afternoon, Bloggers!
I know – it’s been a while. I apologise for not posting recently but semester two of my fourth (and final year *sigh of relief*) at university has really taken its toll on me!
But hey ho. Onwards and upwards!
Today’s post is going to be a little different to my usual style… Yesterday evening, upon scrolling through my Twitter feed, I received a rather unexpected notification… The fantastic Marketer and Blogger, Rosie Walsh nominated me for the prestigious Mystery Blogger Award!! *fangirl scream*
Thank you, Rosie. It was such a compliment to be nominated by an expert blogger such as yourself!
But what is the Mystery Blogger Award, you ask?
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma as a way to build connections between small bloggers. “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Ok. Awesome… But what do you actually have to do?
- Put the award Logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify each one of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with a weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
…Right then. Now’s my time to shine!
Three Things About Me
- When I was 6 I used to put sticky notes next to my bed reminding me to “Wake up”, “Shower”, and “Put on pants” in the morning… It’s safe to say that I’ve been an organisation enthusiast from a young age!
- I am somehow always drawn to living in port towns. I grew up in Bristol, I then went to university in Southampton, and moved away to Lisbon for a year. Maybe I’m just a pirate at heart?
- My lifetime goal (and brightest dream) is to be able to speak as many languages as humanly possible. I am absolutely, ridiculously jealous of people who were brought up bilingually or multilingually – Imagine having it all just there from childhood, without the awful grammar lessons?! I’d love to bring up a child bilingually, but I know it is extremely difficult to do well.
- What inspires your blog posts?
Travel, for sure. Mainly in France and Portugal. And studying – university tips that I wish someone had told me before I embarked on my university career (if you pardon the corny expression). But overall my blog is quite eclectic, as I’m inspired by something new everyday.
- What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
Ahh, the dreaded question which leads me to panicking “I don’t have any hobbies?!” (a common thought amongst language students, I believe). I would say that the activities I tend to do more often when I have a spare hour (or so) are:
– Scrapbooking (and making fabulous birthday/christmas cards)
– Climbing (specifically bouldering)
– Reinventing my wardrobe (My newest hobby has been sewing/ironing-on patches to my pre-existing clothes to give them a bit of a revamp in-keeping with up-to-date fashion!)
– Going to the gym (a boring one, I know – although I have recently tried out a ‘Strong’ by Zumba class that is AMAZING, and super super fun)
- Do you think social media is a good thing or a bad thing?
I think it’s both – but as is anything that has so much power. Social media reaches millions and millions of people worldwide and therefore it can create both wonderful and positive situations, as well as dangerous and scary. (I feel as if I cannot comment too much on the negative aspects of social media as I would definitely call myself a social media addict – although that is a “bad thing” about social media in itself!)
- What is your main goal that you want to achieve this year?
A pretty obviously one here… Graduate! I graduate in July and am absolutely stoked for it. I’d like to get a 2:1 (I’m not crazy, I’m not envisaging a First class honours anytime soon)
- The silly one…What is your favourite snack?
Hands down, Caramel Digestives. When you dip it in your tea and the chocolate melts all over the caramel… Give me a moment.
My nominees for The Mystery Blogger Award are:
- Meg (Merci Meg)
- “Wuthering Bites”
- Natalie Breuer
- Whitney James
- Lily “Doughball”
- Lily Collins
- Tom Edwards
- Abi Rosser
- Jason Stockwell
- Pippa Pearce
My questions for YOU!
- Why blog? What made you choose to blog rather than write in a journalistic style for a paper or magazine?
- What do you work towards in your free time?
- What is your favourite/most used social media platform and why?
- A cat walks through that door right now wearing a bowtie. What does he say and why is he here?
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
Take it away, guys! Break a leg!